● Lady Percy moves me - might she move you? CLICK TO FIND OUT
● Plus my novels, stories, verse, vulgar interests, apologies, and singing.
● Most posts are 300 words. I respond to all comments/re-comments.
● See Tone Deaf in New blogger.


Monday 22 December 2014

A few lines of admin

OUT OF AMERICA Now also available as a Kindle download at a quarter the price. I flick through my paperback, re-living the love affairs I had,  especially with dear, determined Jana. The fun of creation. And now there's the hawking and a deep depression enters my scruffy atelier.


NEW HOME PAGE PIC The outdoors pic was never me, certainly not these days. I needed an image that caught the sordid, unsociable privacy of what I do, day in day out.

Ironically, I'm not untidy, obsessionally the reverse - tidying away sections of the weekend newspapers as I read them. But I'm different here. I'm comforted by the rag-tag-and-bobbletail of half-formed ideas and half-forgotten memories.

Vanity too must be served. Black chinos, black fleece and a triangle of chemise de matelot beneath my scrawny neck emphasise the newly svelte figure. Plus the gaunt cheeks. The smiling pic at Stuttgart Christmas market wasn't me either.

Zach with friend - yesterday

8 comments:

  1. That's a fine dust-jacket photo, RR.

    You're looking younger than earlier photos, and - dare I say - more dashing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture change was a shock! Not in any bad way but it is funny how accustomed I had grown to your face (and yes, I do know that that is a song).

    Can't stay, off to download a very important book to my Kindle and find a quiet corner in which to hide with it!

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: took me this long to realize who you remind me of - Rutger Hauer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking more Robert Redford than Rutger Hauer (who?). Love the new photo and the glimpse into your mancave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Crow: Looking younger? Well why not? Remember the final lines of Jacques' Seven Ages of Man:

    Last scene of all,
    That ends this strange eventful history,
    Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
    Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.


    Blonde Two: Many would say I'm better with my mouth closed (as here) than open (as previously). I do less damage.

    The Crow (Second thoughts of): I checked his filmography to see whether I'd ever been exposed to him. I did watch the first four minutes of Blade Runner but he left little impression. I think it's fair to say he hasn't aged well. But then neither have I, and I started off lower down the evolutionary ladder.

    Stella: Oh come on. I know I've said some nice things about your writing but this is going over the top. How about Edward G? Mind, you redeem yourself with mancave. Your invention or is it common currency round the Hudson's Bay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you seen Robert Redford lately? �� "Mancave" was coined, I think, by television real estate programs. The only space in the house where the Guinness poster is allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! The Zachster! A handsome lad indeed and I like the happy glint in his eye.

    chemise de matelot ... aha! That's what that's properly called. I noticed it straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon: He may be a bit wrinkled but he's still sort of noble, don't you think? Considering mancave's source, it's fairly witty..

    RW (zS): I may not have it exactly right - there appears to be a bit of an argument in Google Images.

    ReplyDelete